DISTRACTED, DRUNK, DRUGGED and DROWSY (4 D’s) DRIVING RESOURCES
Distracted Driving Awareness and Education
- Alive At 25 Free program that works to change behaviors young drivers and passengers display behind the wheel.
- American Automobile Association (AAA) Offers various resources for teens.
- AT&T It Can Wait Campaign Take the pledge, download the app, use the videos and other resources.
- EndDD Features facts and resources for school and workplace presentations.
- Farmers Insurance Information for teens and parents, including Seven Smart Ways to Distract Yourself from Distracted Driving.
- The Network for Traffic Safety (NETS) Distracted driving resources, meaningful education and awareness activities to keep workers safe. Also includes information on Drive Safely Work Week.
- The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office Educational materials, statistics and speakers.
- Stop Texts, Stop Wrecks – Videos, statistics and tips to help start a distracted driving awareness campaign.
- Statistics by County (2013, 2014, 2015) – Statistics of distracted driving by Oklahoma County and year.
- The USAA Educational Foundation - Distracted driving informational booklet (digital form and printable form) available for free here.
Distracted Driving Statistics and Articles
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – State data costs and policy information, free social media, latest data and publications and LOTS more.
- Distraction.gov - Great website with videos, statistics and other resources. Info for students, parents, educators, employers and community groups.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – statistics, laws, news, ratings and more.
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control provides information on distracted driving risks in the general population as part of its motor vehicle injury prevention program.
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety – Information about driver safety and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
General Driver Safety
- Drive it Home Features tips on how to talk to teen drivers, a printable driver/parents agreement and videos that talk about the importance of not texting and driving.
- ·Ford Driving Skills Training tools and free resources to help teens become safer drivers.
- Governor’s Highway Safety Association GHSA represents the state and territorial highway safety offices that implement programs to address behavioral highway safety issues, including: occupant protection, impaired driving, and speeding.
- MADD Oklahoma Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Saving lives, preventing injuries and reducing economic costs due to road traffic crashes, through education, research, safety standards and enforcement activity.
- National Safety Council Features information and materials on general driver safety, including Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Great videos by NSC on YouTube as well.
- National Organization for Youth Safety (NOYS) Promotes youth empowerment and leadership to save lives, prevent injuries and enhance safe and healthy lifestyles among all youths. This organization is directly connected to FCCLA.
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety Oklahoma-specific information on driving safely, the Graduated Driver's License Program and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
- SADD Students Against Destructive Decisions.
- State Farm – Statistics, state laws, graduated drivers’ licenses, driving drowsy, aggressive driving.
- Traffic Safety Marketing Features videos, handouts and the YOU TEXT, YOU DRIVE, YOU PAY campaign materials.
- The Young Driver Research Initiative - Download tools tailored to your needs, watch videos, get statistics and facts here.